Tuesday, September 04, 2007

this is the gig....


I totally don't have time to write right now...
I totally don't have time to walk Venus right now....
I totally don't have time to exercise right now...

but I totally won't have time later, either...
and since this is the first day of the program year in my congregation, and next weekend is the big hurrah...
I am not going to let myself get swallowed by it.

It would be oh so easy (after I have already scrubbed the kitchen and done several work emails) just to jump in the shower, and rush off to the office and be there for 13 hours working, working, working.

But I know better. And I love myself better.

So, Venus, get your leash!
We are off to the park....TOTALLY.

How are you lovin' yourself this fall?

Dear Sweet Lord,
infuse Your breath of peace, Your fullness of presence, and Your heart of compassion within the work and love you call me to be and do today. Amen.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Thank you for a timely reminder- I need to walk!

RevDrKate said...

At hour 11 into work I read this and say....I am off to walk the dog! Thank you from myself and Maggie!

Amy Stewart said...

Oooh, great idea... Trent! Meg! let's go!

revkjarla said...

I think there are a few happy dogs and their friends...wondering about kitty friends who can't be walked....
Bussie is sitting in my lap as we speak.....

Kathryn said...

OK...Mufti and Dillon, I'm on my way.
Thank you.