Sunday, May 27, 2007

tikvahyah


This is a picture of my sisterfriend who is a paksanim and moksanim in Korea. A scholar/professor (paksanim) and also a presbyterian pastor (moksanim), she recently presented a paper at a biblical scholarship conference. When I see her, in the midst of her colleagues, who are all male, I am amazed and curious and feel for her. Many of them, from what I understand, aren't always on the same page as her in the academy. Obviously, she is in the minority as a female scholar--and she worked hard and was extraordinarily persistent in obtaining her tenure track post. I know she is a voice of liberation and justice for those on the fringe and underrepresented, but it is draining and hard work. Prayers and blessings to you, dear Yeong Mee. It is my honor to be your friend and colleague.
Love, karlassi

No comments: