In honor of doing NOT what I should be, but that what I WANT, I am going to play the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five special!
So, today, I am...
1. Wearing...office clothes~~my favorite chico's traveler's gauchos, tank, and floaty asian silk jacket. Feels like jammies, but looks unbelievably professional and I will be ready for dinner out after work!
2. Reading...blogs about church, ministry, lectionary texts and a pottery magazine.
3. Eating...very healthy. Spinach salad with mandarin oranges, cucumbers, raw peas, and a few slivered almonds; roasted spaghetti squash; and red and yellow peppers for munchies in the afternoon.
4. Doing...lots of writing. Earlier, however, I got to walk my dog Venus along the Mystic River where we saw lots of squirrels, rabbits, her friend Finnegan...we listened to the birdsong in the breeze and enjoyed the fragrance of whatever the wildflowers are now that are blooming. Ahhhhh.
5. Pondering...sermon for Sunday, memorial for next week; and the front page news of the Boston Globe. The lead story was about a three year old girl abused (allegedly, I guess one has to say) by her mother's live in boyfriend. He hit her with a belt and bit her repeatedly, so that her hearing is impaired and she has had multiple surgeries and plastic surgeries to repair her ear and lips. The quote from the little girl is "He bited me and hit me. He broke my lip." WTF?? What kind of mother covers up for a LIVE IN BOYFRIEND that way? I know, I know, people are messed up, but the guy was BITING the child? Where was DSS, you ask? They believed the mom's stories--in spite of several professionals (e.g. doctors) saying they were suspicious of abuse. I know their hands are tied and everybody probably did their best to the ability/extent of the law that was allowed, to do everything they could to protect this little girl, but how could this have happened? It is embarrassing and a travesty. When animals bite humans, in some areas, the animal will be humanely euthanized, because it poses a threat to others. What do we do with biting humans?
Flaunting The ‘Flage - photo taken March 2018
7 hours ago