Over at RevGals, Mother Laura helps us adjust to and enjoy Daylight Savings Time and Liturgical transitions from Lent to Holy Week by offering this Friday Five about time and transitions....
1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
As a woman, I am not sure I would want to go anywhere back in time...I wouldn't mind going into fantasy time, like to "The Mists of Avalon" because of the mysticalness of it all.
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
Definitely a robot that will clean my house from top to toe. We must be close to that, right?
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
I hope the cherishing of the past, the good, the bad, and the ugly helps me dream for the future, but I guess sometimes it just gives me a more realistic roadmap with which to chart the course. I am a real day by day kind of person...
4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent?
The evening we had eight confirmation boys participate in a bible study with our beloved elderfolk and other adults. We had a wonderful evening of getting to know each other and grappling with Luke 15: The Lost parables. It was dear and sweet and lively.
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most? I look forward to a peace vigil we are planning for Wednesday, marking the anniversary of the war in Iraq...and I look forward to all the services...and I feel certain what I will look forward to the most is a nap on Easter Sunday afternoon!
Every Angle - GET THE PRINT photo taken May 2018
15 hours ago