Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What if...

I heard about a church today that orders its liturgy around "A Time for..."

I love it.

What would it be like to have a liturgy that hung on:

A time for welcome
A time for peace
A time for friendship
A time for letting go, making amends
A time for reflection
A time for sorrow
A time for celebration
A time for risk
A time for belonging
A time for wondering
A time for gratitude
A time for blessing

Hmm. Maybe a little long, but I like framing worship in a way that is accessible and participatory...and different.

I also would love to engage our adults in a faith formation series that included a writing of a statement of faith just like we ask confirmation students to do.

What else. Hmmm. The idea of boards and commissions becoming spiritual communities....there is a book about that, I think. I don't know it.

I just wanted to remember these thoughts.
On to supper, and then meeting.

Peace to you!

1 comment:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I love the idea of using "A time..." to create the liturgy. Much more inviting.

I think writing a Statement of Faith for the adult class would be fantastic. I would give them free rein on creativity. Great idea.