Friday, August 19, 2005

earthensoul

Last spring, I received a professional development grant to grow my skills in creating with clay, along with wondering about the creative spirit and human connections to the Divine. Thinking I might take a couple of classes at a community center over the summer, instead, the plan unfolded that I could enroll in a more intensive program in the fall that will give me more in depth experience with the art and craft of being a potter.
So. Here I am on the first day. Sitting at the wheel, making a mess, in sheer happiness and eagerness with this artistic medium that I know so little about, yet love so deeply. I feel this way about...the Divine. I know so little about God, Goddess, Spirit, Creator...and yet I am deeply connected to this Source of my being, loving the Mystery of it all.

No comments: