Friday, April 20, 2007

the journey is always connected

This week has been full of so much...the Virginia Tech campus killings have left an unspeakable hole in the hearts of so many close to it, and far from it....it feels close to all of us, I think...
The Supreme Court decision regarding abortion, and the way in which it was written was stunning and terrifying to me as a woman, the Bagdhad bombings blasted another warning to us to not become complacent about this never ending bloody war in Iraq
....and then in the lives of so many I know, personal obstacles abound, around health, and job stress, and relationships....
For me,
as I live into a new chapter in my life and profession, well worn threads from past places and peoples with whom I have been connected have emerged in suprising and loving ways, that give me pause...

I realize...that wherever our feet have tread, whether lightly or heavily dug in, we always leave a trace of ourselves and the tracks, the footprints we leave never will be forgotten or lost...and sometimes,
we are called to circle back
and meditate upon the
shapes and contours our footprints have made in this world...
and how they will inform our living now, today.

No comments: