Thursday, April 05, 2007

what was it that I wrote? August, 2007


I had this great first entry, and of course, technology sabotaged it, and it is gone. I tried to save it, but alas, to no avail. sigh.

the issue: my current unemployment
the subtexts:
*I am a fourty something female with a great degree (S), great experience, great personality
*I am a pastor. Without a flock! I love being a pastor, but finding a fit with a congregation is proving more challenging that I thought it would be.
* I am a fourty something who can't convince the greater employing public that my skills are wonderfully transferable in a variety of settings.
*I don't know what I want to do when I grow up
*I have a breadth of skills, but nothing too deep...but intelligent enough to be a quick study
**I love hanging out with people, pets, books, and nature.
*I really would enjoy teaching again.
*I need to be inspired by mentors.

o.k., my prayer.
breathe in fresh air,
breathe out insecurity
I pray for the grace to believe there is something challenging and worthwhile out there
I pray for the love to trust that life will unfold wonderfully
I pray for the humility to be grateful, and to be embodied with clear, confident joy with the life I have.
I pray for forgiveness that I often forget what an amazing life I have.
Breathing in, I breathe in Your presence.
Breathing out, I breathe out my essence, mixed with Yours, presenting it to this world, this now.
May it meet us where I need to be...
and may I listen for what the breathe is whispering to me.
amen.

No comments: