Over at RGBP, Songbird is cooking Thanksgiving Dinner. I am laughing at her questions, because although I like to cook, her questions are far too technical for MY kitchen! ;-)
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it? I have a coffee grinder--is that close?
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?
hmmm. I think we might have a hand mixer,if it made it in the move two years ago. I will have to look. I guess you could say I use a spoon.
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
Yes! yes! yes! I have a blender. It is red. I used to use it alot when I had to grind up dog food crunch with water for our sick lab Annie in her last days. I also use it when I make butternut squash soup, a couple of times a year.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
I like my garlic press. Plus, it is the only kitchen tool that I can think of besides spoons and knives and forks.
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it?
Well, I don't have one of these, but I really would love one to carry on the tradition of my mother making flatbread and lefse for the winter holidays. It is a lefse griddle.
Whiteout - photo taken November 2017
7 hours ago