Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Through You, I am at Play"

It's Wednesday.
Just out of 90 minute staff meeting.
A staff of three, and we meet for 90 minutes weekly. Yes.
Anyway.
I have been thinking about this line from A Prayer Book for the 21st Century by John McQuiston II from the Wednesday Morning Canticle (Thanks to RevCrystalk for the recommendation)

"Before the oldest of my works,
From the timeless I was...
Before the beginning,
I was there...
My delight is in you day after day,
and through you I am at play.
I delight in the children of all people."


And through you, I am at play...
I wonder,
How God is playing through me today?
Is it the brief but lovely phone calls that connect me and my beloved during the long workday? I think so.
Did God play through me yesterday, when only one of my commission members show up for a meeting, so we played with our iphones for an hour, exchanging ideas for great applications? Silly, but yes.
Will God play through me this afternoon, as I administriviate? How?
Keep it light,
the Holy One beckons and reminds me...
Live in the play, the dance of life.
This is it. Enjoy dear one.

Oh Holy One,
Play through me,
fully and wonderfully today.
Help me remember how to play.
Amen.

How is God playing through you today?
p.s. my word verification is ferrhe, or furry. God plays through my furry fun friends, too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you like the book!

do you have a big church? i've never had weekly admin meetings. it would have been nice at the last church but since there is only me, the secretary, and janitor (is there a better word for that position?) we don't have them here. the janitor and secretary are very part time and i'm grateful to have them!

any mor thoughts on attending the BE?

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Love the imagery and the book recommendation. It is now on my wishlist.

Terri said...

Lovely...I will have to wonder about how God is playing through me....