Monday, April 13, 2009

easter monday...

just checking in..
am definitely fighting something deep in my chest....but lots of tea and liquids and low key activities and pets from the furry friends should do the trick. please, please, please....

it is cold, windy, and studded with sunshine today.

I have so much to get done before Wednesday evening.

But then, Thursday...off to warm and sunshine to the BE2 in Arizona. Gotta find my plane reservations. hmmmm.

Mostly, today, I am thinking about Fiji, and the military coup there. I have seen nothing about this in our news...and to think an entire land is being held captive and censored--most Americans, I dare say, think of Fiji as this elegant place of dreamy beauty, heavenly beaches, and gorgeous paradise. Which I am sure it is. But my blog friend Wendy, reminds me that the world, while it is so small at times, is so unconnected because of power and wealth and what they deem important. She doesn't write that, I do. Please, visit her blog, and say prayers for Fiji. And while you are at it, visit her other blog where her artwork is posted. She does some marvelous images--some by scanning in actual rocks and branches and pebbles straight into her computer and then playing with color and texture.

may peace be within you today...

5 comments:

Terri said...

yes, tea, liquids, rest...maybe some gentle yoga or an acupuncture treatment? (OK, I have recently fallen in love again with acupuncture - so that's my thing...may not be yours)

I have heard NOTHING about Fiji....oh my...sometimes the world's cruelty just overwhelms me...

Sue said...

Yes, drink plenty of fluids, get some rest and take good care of yourself.

Can't wait 'til Thursday!!!

Mary Beth said...

I've heard about the Fiji situation, but only because I get email notifications of such from Dept. of State (so we can be sure not to send students to volatile locations!)

Praying for your FAST healing!

mid-life rookie said...

I hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to meeting you!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you for your prayers for Fiji. We get 'real' Fiji news via blogs not the Fiji papers now which are heavily censored by the police. I've quietened down on the babasiga site because we are not anonymous and we don't want our relatives in trouble.
w.